Psychology Today is an Institutional organization whose major focus is on psychology and Human behavior. Psychology Today has a website that features:
- Directories of health professionals (Their Names, portfolio, references etc.) that offers them.
- Hundreds of blogs written extensively by various psychiatrists, medical doctors, psychologists, science journalists, lawyer’s, sociologist and anthropologists.
PsychologyToday.com has its own magazine, which they publish twice a month in New York City, U.S. It is one of the oldest media outlets that focused mainly on behavioral science. Psychology Today (Their content and therapist directories) can be found in over 20 countries worldwide.
Because psychology Today allows users to choose their desired therapist by:
- The type of therapy they want
- Insurance and
- Many other factors
Psychology Today therapist directory is one of the most widely used. Psychology Today helps people to adjust their mindset, manage their personal health and wellness, and also effectively manage a lot of health and relationship problems (like Heartbreak, love and dating, marriage).
How to Sign up and login to Psychology Today
Getting access to The Psychology Today website might be very difficult for some users due to various reasons. These reasons include:
- Your IP address
- Your device type
Because Psychology Today is located in New York City, USA, many people outside the United States zone are restricted, and many IP addresses are blocked for security purposes and to avoid abuse of the website.
A Nigerian user that needs to talk to a psychologist and is restricted due to their location or IP address, needs to download a VPN, which allows you to access their website.
Follow these steps to sign up on Psychology Today:
- Go to Google play store or Apple Store and download a VPN, login into your VPN and change your location to any of the supported locations (United States, United Kingdom, Spain etc.)
- Proceed to The Psychology Today website @www.PsychologyToday.com/membership, click on register as a new member.
- Enter your details in the form that will be given to you correctly.
When you successfully register, or you already have a Psychology today account,
- Proceed to log in @ www.psychologytoday.com/login, using your email address/ username and password.
- After you log in to your psychology Today dashboard, proceed to book a therapy session with any psychologist or psychiatrists of your choice. Remember, all your sessions will be done online, as you can’t physically go to meet the therapist.
How to Join Psychology Today as a Therapist
Psychology Today, boasts of the best therapists from all over the world, to become a member of this amazing community of therapists, follow these steps:
Go to www.join.psychologytoday.com/us/sign up Click on join now and
Proceed to create a profile that will help clients find you online for a little fee of $29.95 per month.
How to Delete a Psychology Today Account
When you are done with your therapy session and feel there is no need of having the account anymore, and you wish to close it, do the following:
- Login to your psychology Today dashboard
- Ensure you download all your data
- Request for account closure
- Confirm that you want to close your account