Emma Samms Biography
Emma Elizabeth Wylie Samuelson (born on August 28, 1960, in London, United Kingdom) popular known as Emma Samms is an English Actress and TV Host. She came into the limelight after her role as Holly Sutton on the American daytime Soap Opera, General Hospital and as the second actress to play Fallon Carrington Colby on the prime-time soap opera Dynasty.
Emma Samms’s Profile Summary
Full name: Emma Elizabeth Wylie Samuelson
Nickname: Emma Samms
Known For: Holly Sutton
Date of birth: August 28, 1960
Age: 62years as of 2022
Birthplace: England, United Kingdom.
Hometown: St Gallen, Switzerland
Profession: Actress, TV Host
Current Residence: London, England, United Kingdom
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Education: Royal Ballet School
Father: Michael E.W Samuelson
Mother: Madeleine U. Samuelson (Ballet Dancer)
Brother: Jamie Samuelson
Marital Status: Married
Ex-husbands: John Holloway (m. 1996–2003), Tim Dillon (m. 1994–1995), Bansi Nagji (m. 1991–1992)
Current Husband: Simon McCoy
Son(s): Cameron Holloway
Daughter(s): Beatrice Holloway
Dating History: Marvin Hamlisch(1980-1981)
Height: 5 feet 4 inches (163cm)
Weight: 71kg (157Ibls)
Waist size: 28inches
Hip size: 39 inches
Body type: Hourglass
Hair Color: Brunette
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Dress size: 10US
Early Life And Education
Emma Samms was born in England, United Kingdom on August 28,1960 to Michael E. W Samuelson, who owned a film equipment rental company, and Madeleine U. Samuelson(née: White), who was also a ballet dancer . Her grandfather, G. B Samuelson, was a pioneer of British Cinema.
Emma Samms was raised as a Judaist in the Jewish region. She was a ballet dancer and trained at the Royal Ballet School but quit at the age of 15 after her hip injury. She took interest in acting and joined a film Academy to become an actress, which led her to change her name to Emma Samms.
Personal/ Relationship Life
Emma Samms rejected two offers made by hugh Hefner to appear in Playboy, rather she appeared on the cover of the February 1988 issue of inside Sports in a bikini and also in swimsuit shots inside the magazine.
In 1983, she co-founded the Starlight Children’s Foundation– an organization that helps seriously ill children and their families to go through their tough times through entertainment, education and families activities-with her cousin, film producer Peter Samuelson.
This organization was built in honor of her deceased brother and cousin, Jamie who died at the age of Nine from aplastic anemia– A condition marked by the incomplete development, or entire absence, of an organ or tissue.
In 1984, she was in a relationship with Tristan Rogers which was made public but the union ended after Samms left General Hospital. She dated Marvin Hamlisch (1980-1981) but ended within a year.
Her relationship life wasn’t an easy on at all but she gave what she could. She was first married to Bansi Nagji on February 23, 1991, unfortunately, the marriage ended within a year.
She got married to Tim Dillion (A lawyer) in 1994 but ended in the year, 1995. She met her third husband, John Holloway (A Psychiatrist) in 1996 and they tied the knot the same year. The union produced two offspring– a boy(Cameron Holloway) and a girl( Beatrice Holloway) before they split in 2003.
She is currently married to her fourth husband, Simon McCoy– a TV presenter and the CEO of @SimonMcCoyTv on October 9, 2021 at the age of 61.
In April 2018, she suffered an illness known as Bell’s Palsy-a disease that causes temporary facial paralysis. On May the same year, she made a post on her Twitter page which said: “ Paralysis on my face is 90% better”.
On March 2020, she was tested positive for COVID–19 during the world break- out pandemic. This led her into having health complications with her initial illness since then.
Emma Samms first appeared as Holly Sutton on the ABC day time soap opera ‘General Hospital’ from 1982 to 1985. When she decided to leave the movie series and join the ABC’s Dynasty, her role as Holly Sutton ended with the part of her involving in a plane crash.
On 10 April 1985, she appeared in the fifth-season episode “Kidnapped” as Fallon Carrington Colby, a role originated by Pamela Sue Martin in 1981. Her role was immediately transferred into the new Dynasty, the sequel to The Colby’s for two seasons (1985-1987) but was later cancelled.
She returned to Dynasty in the 23 September 1987 eighth–season premiere, The Siege-Part 1. She stayed in the movie till its last episode on 11 may 1989. In 1991, she also appeared in Miniseries Dynasty: The Reunion.
After the show, she also featured as a guest actress in the sitcom, My two Dads, playing the role of Marcy Bradford, the deceased mother of Nicole Bradford (Staci Keanan) and the woman whom the two fathers- Paul Reiser and Greg Evigan- where crazily in love.
Since then, she has appeared in so many soap operas and movies. She also came back in the movie, General Hospital, where she was brought back from the hospital bed on January,1992 after not being in the show for seven years.
She acted the role of Holly’s look alike half-sister Paloma Perez, a heroic revolutionary and stayed till the end of the Opera show in 1993. In 1995, she appeared as the villainous Grayson louder in the prime time soap opera Models Inc. a sequel to Melrose place, both produced by Former Dynasty Producer Aaron Spelling. She also featured in the TV movie Treacherous Beauties.
Emma Samms appeared in the BBC series Holby City in 2003 and also on the BBC daytime series, Doctors in 2005. She also reappeared in General Hospital its seven-episode in February 2006. She served as a presenter in Daytime Emmy Awards alongside General Hospital co-star Tristan Rogers on 28 April 2006.
She was also featured in the BBC Children in Need reality series, known as Celebrity Scissors hand as a hairdresser on November 2006. She also made a guest appearance on The Bill as drug addict Ella Winstanley.
Emma Samms also performed at the Sadler’s Well Theatre in Shall we dance– a dance revue of musicals by Richard Rodgers, orchestrated by Adam Cooper alongside his wife Sarah Wildor.
In June 2014, she was one of the contestants in BBC gymnastics show Tumble and the second celebrity to be evicted. She also appeared on the new Christmas song, called Rock With Rudolph written and produced by Grahame and Jacky Corbyn alongside 26 other celebrities.
The song was released through an independent record label Saga Entertainment on 30 November and aired with the Sun on 29 November 2018. She kept featuring in the movie series, General Hospital from May 2009 till September 2020.
Emma Samms Movies
- General Hospital, ABC, as Holly Sutton (1982-1985 and 1992-1993.
- DYNASTY,ABC as Fallon Carrington Colby (1985 and 1987-1989
- The Colbys (also known as Dynasty ll: The Colbys as Colby (1985-1987) later cancelled.
- Models Inc, Fox, as Grayson Louder(1994-1995)
- Goliath Awaits as Lea McKenzie in 1981
- Ellis Island, CBS, as Violet Weiler in 1984
- Dynasty:The Reunion, ABC as Fallon Carrington Colby in 1991
- “Egg” Eastman, Murder in three Acts also know as Agatha Christie’ 6.
- The lady and the Highwayman, CBS, as Barbara in1989
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court,NBC, as Queen Guenivere in 1989
- The New Mike Hammer as Jamie Jin in 1987
- Murder She Wrote, CBS, as Pamela Leeds in 1988
- Newhart as Emma Samms in 1988
- My Two Dads, NBC, as Marcy in 1989
- The Magic of David Cooper as Emma Samms(As Special guest/host) in 1989
- Get a Life as Tricia Paddington, FOX, in 1992
- Bejewelled, The Disney Channel as Stacey in 1991
- Shadow of a Stranger,zukwanuike NBC, as Sarah Clinton in 1992
- Harmful Intent, CBS, as Kelly Everson in 1993
- Treacherous Beauties, CBS, as Anne Marie in 1994
- Terminal Voyage ( also known as Starquest) Sci-fi Channel, as Becker in 1995
- Humanoids from the Deep, Showtime, as Dr. Drake in 1996
- Pretend You’re Don’t See Her, PAX TV as Lacey Farrell in 2002
- Lois & Clark and the New Adventure, ABC as Arianna Carlin 1994
- Diagnosis Murder, ABC, as Cleopatra Quinlin in 1995
- Holby City as Elizabeth woods in 2003
- Doctors as Amanda Clay in 2005,2018.
- Casualty as Rachel Greer in 2011
- Love Blossoms as carrie Steilman in 2017
- Herself, Harry Anderson’s Sideshow, NBC, 1987
- Performer, Circus of the Stars #13,CBS, 1988
- The Magic of David Copperfield XI: The Explosive Encounter, CBS, 1989
- Performer, Circus of the Stars and Sideshow, CBS, 1992
- More Wild Wild West as Mirabelle Merriwether in 1980
- Illusions as Laura SaIllusion in 1992
- Arabian, EMI, as Princess Zuleira in 1978
- The Shrimp on the Barbie, Unity Pictures as Alex in 1990
- Delirious, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer as Rachel Hedison in 1991
- Fatal Inheritance as Brigid O’Tool in 1993
- The Little Unicorn, Peakviewing Transatlantic as Aunt Lucy in 1998
- Peakviewing Transatlantic as Pets in 1999
- Voice characterization, The Adventures of Tom Thumb and Thumbelina(animated), Miramax in 2002
- Saving grace,1993
- (And story) His Bodyguard(also known as Silent Echoes), USA Network in 1998
Emma Samms’s Age
She is 62years as of 2022.
Emma Samms’s Height
She stands at a height of 5 feet 4inches (163cm)
Emma Samms’s Net Worth
Emma’s net worth is estimated to be $10million approx.
Social Media Accounts
Emma Samms is fully active on her social media pages on:
Instagram @emma.samms with over 6877followers, .
Twitter @EmmaSamms1 with over19.9k tweets and 31k followers .
Frequently Asked Questions About Emma Samms
1.Why did Emma Samms leave General Hospital?
Emma Samms left General Hospital due to her health complications. According Sheknows, she wanted to be clear on one important thing and stated: “I just didn’t want people to think I’d recovered and for some reason was avoiding returning to General Hospital to spite them.”
Over talk of her sickness, Samms admitted, “It’s been really frustrating.” Being someone who has a high pain threshold, she explained, “Having been on General Hospital you don’t get days off for being sick. It was all very good training for me. I’m hugely frustrated
2.Who did Emma Samms played on General Hospital?
She played the role of Holly Sutton from 1982-1985.
3.What is Emma Samms doing these days?
She has been reading books, taking the kids out, spending time with her husband at the TV station and Watching the news on Ukraine and Russia wars.
4.Who is Emma Samms husband?
Samms’ husband is Simon McCoy
5.Emma Samms dynasty character
Her character in Dynasty is Fallon Carrington Colby